Today’s ever-changing and competitive market expects latest features and functions in the products with short time to market. Product lifecycles have shrunk significantly and market window of opportunity is also limited. Many companies are not able to cope up with this demand for new technology products with in-house R & D team. This results in longer R & D queue for new products to be launched.
Rhombus enables such customers to eliminate time-to-market constraints by helping them with product design services. Rhombus engineering team works with customer Product Management and Marketing teams to ensure all the present and future needs of their end users are addressed with a scalable product. With over three decades of experience and established processes we ensure innovation and quality in design of every product.
Rhombus takes up complete product design starting from Concept Stage upto delivery of fully tested prototypes ready to go for production. We are a leading solution provider for industrial products design services, embedded software and systems development and new product R&D.
Rhombus can setup dedicated design team for managing and supporting all customer designs. This can be within Rhombus premises or can be setup as extension facility on BOT (Build-Operate-Transfer) model.
Our Product Design Process
1. Concept Design and Development
- Concept Feasibility: Idea Analysis, Evaluation and Feasibility Study
- Concept Design: More detailed design and evaluation of Concept based on preliminary requirements defined during feasibility stage
- Design review: Review design options and specification and finalize design approach, costs and trade-offs
- Design finalization: Freezing on final design and specifications post all iterations and discussions
2. Detailed Design and Engineering
- Schematics Design
- Mechanical Design – Board interconnections and aesthetics design
- Thermal Analysis
- Pre-layout Signal Integrity Analysis
- Mechanical drawings: 3D model for the product drawings for prototype
- Board Layout
- Post-layout Signal Integrity Analysis
- DFM Analysis – Design manufacturability checks
- Verification of specs for major parts with Evaluation boards
- Firmware and Software Development
- Unit testing of firmware and software on evaluation boards
3. Prototype Building
- PCB Fabrication
- Mechanical Fabrication
- Board assembly
- hardware and firmware Verification testing
- System Assembly
- Alpha release to customer for functional testing
4. Prototype Testing
- System Validation testing
- Implement changes based on customer feedback and testing
- Beta release to customer for field validation
- Certification testing and assistance to customer for certification
- Release drawings for volume production
- Setup for automatic or semi-automatic testing of product
- Training or customer staff and production staff (if required)
Rhombus handles several technology areas to meet the product design requirement.
Technology expertise at Rhombus
Processors Platforms Experience
- ARM Cortex-A8
- ARM Cortex-M3
- ARM + DSP SoC
- ARM 9 / ARM 7
- ATMEL AVR and ARM based Controllers
- TI MSP430 Series
- Analog Devices ADUC series
- Microchip PIC 16F,18F and PIC32 series
- TI DSP 2400, 6000, 5000 series
- 8051 and derivative micro-controllers
Software Development Tools
- Green Hills Multi
- Code composer studio (TI)
- Tasking compiler EDE
- AVR studio (Atmel)
- Keil uVision 3.0
- RealView (ARM)
- Embedded C
- Assembly Language – 32-bit, 16-bit, 8-bit
- Visual Basic
- Labview 2015
- Linux on ARM
- RT Linux
PCB Designing Tools
- Orcad 16.5
- Cadence Allegro
- Circuit Maker
Innovation in product design and manufacturing process, latest technologies, global quality standards and excellent customer service are the four pillars on which we have built our business.
Get A Free Quote Now!
Looking for an ODM partner to design and/or manufacture your product?
You have come to the right place. Just send us your requirement using the form on the right and we will give you a quote within 2 working days. Please provide as much correct information as you can provide to help us give you a quote faster. All the fields in the form are mandatory.
You can also get in touch with us directly using the contact details of our head office given on the far right.